Total Pageviews

Monday, April 15, 2013

A Yet Praise

I have some prayers and petitions before God that have not yet been answered. After years of praying for my daughter's healing from a debilitating condition that has robbed her of 12 years of her life, my faith wavers sometimes. What if unanswered prayer means NO? I have fasted, prayed, rubbed anointing oil, given sacrificial offerings, and prayed some more. And her condition does not show any improvement. Yea, sometimes we get bad reports from the doctors and it appears that her condition is worsening.

What happens to your faith, to your spiritual journey when God does not seem to answer your prayer? I've been giving this a lot of thought in my quiet time lately, and here is my revelation:

               Lord God, I love you and I praise you. I dedicate my life, my heart and my soul to you. You are my Provider, my Deliverer, my Savior, my Lord, my Love, and my Friend. You have been so good to me and my household; you have blessed me beyond measure. Lord, if you never give me another blessing, I will continue to praise you for what you've already done for me! You saved a wretch like me, healed my broken heart, and taught me how to love your children.

               So Lord, I give you the sacrifice of praise at all times, even when my flesh and my circumstances try to take my joy in You. I will yet praise you, my heavenly Father, creator of all things, and the lover of my soul. I will yet praise you Lord, through the hurt and through the pain. I will yet praise you Jesus because You deserve all the honor, all the glory and all the praise! In the matchless, wondrous name of Jesus, amen.

  1. Psalm 42:5
    Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.
  2. Psalm 42:11
    Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
  3. Psalm 43:5
    Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
  4. Psalm 71:14
    But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment