Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 8, 2020

Walking Through The Storm

 It's August 8, I thought to myself, and you're still stuck in this nightmarish pandemic reality of 2020, where each day pretty much seems like the day before. The perfect storm of a raging virus for which there is no cure, an epically failing economy, and racial and civil unrest has been swirling over the United States since March. Here in Florida, my retirement home state of choice, my dreams of international travel have been put on hold indefinitely. Even a leisurely stroll to one of the many beaches in this area, is fraught with concern; if I see too many bodies close together and with no masks, I don't even get out of the car.

I can sit here and have a pity party, but how dare I, my inner voice tells me. People are hurting, losing jobs, income, housing, and some are losing family and friends to "rona. How. Dare. I.

So, I continue to volunteer and stay active in local Democratic Party, stay engaged in my online church services, and appreciate my fiends and neighbors that I see/talk with everyday.

I'm watching TV less, reading more, exercising more, feeling better about the world. Loving more, striving to operate out of love, not hate or fear.

So, dear reader, it's time to reactivate my writing skills. I have two blogs; let's get started on our journey together of walking through this storm, and coming out better on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment